- Always wear personal protective
equipment such as gloves and safety goggles when using the sander.
If you choose to wear a respirator, read the Code of
Safe Practices entitled "Respirators."
- See to it that that sanding
belts are not too tight or too loose. Never operate a sanding
disk if the paper is too loose.
- Use the correct grade of
- See to it that that the
distance between a circular sander and the edge of the table
is not greater than ¼ inch.
- Do not push materials against
sanders with excessive force.
- Sand only on the down stroke
side of a disk sander.
- Do not hold small pieces
by hand. Use a jig for pieces that are difficult to hold securely.
- Read the Code of Safe Practices