1. Use only the neutral position when maneuvering loads to reduce
2. Avoid the movement of loads up or down ramps whenever possible.
3. If you have to make an emergency stop on a ramp, stop the
truck by lowering the load.
4. Always work uphill from the pallet truck when moving loads
up or down a ramp.
5. Pull rather than push loads on long-distance moves. This
will make it easier to see where you're going and to steer the load.
6. No riding on pallet jacks/trucks unless approved by the manufacturer.
7. Park the pallet truck out of traffic areas in a safe, level
place with the handle up and forks lowered.
8. See to it that the load you are handling is stable and avoid
9. Position the forks evenly under the load for safer movement
and easier positioning.
10. Check routes in advance to make sure ramps, elevators and
dock boards can handle the load.
11. Always operate at a controllable