- Only ride a motorcycle if
you have a valid California Class M1 motorcycle license.
- Always wear a DOT-approved
helmet when riding. California law requires that all riders
and passengers on a motorcycle wear a helmet. A full-face helmet will protect you against
head injury, windlbast and flying objects.
- Always wear eye and face
protection. This will
protect you from insects, stones, dirt and other debris.
- Always wear gloves to keep
your hands comfortable, functional and protected.
- Wear long sleeves and trousers
to protect against abrasion, sunburn, windburn, dehydration
- Wear boots or sturdy shoes
to protect against foot and ankle injuries. Proper footwear will also provide a good grip
on foot pets and road surfaces when you put your foot down.
- Keep all long hair and loose
clothing secured in such a way that it does not interfere with
your vision or become entangled.
- Always assume no one sees
you, especially at intersections and blind corners.