- Operate lawn mowers only
if you are trained and authorized to do so.
- Be sure that all safety
devices are in position and working (e.g. rear shield, grass
chute deflector, handle upstops and "dead man control.")
- Wear appropriate personal
protective equipment (i.e. close-fitting clothes, sturdy non-slip
shoes, eye protection, etc.).
- Fill the fuel tank outdoors
when engine is cold. Wipe up any spills.
- Do not smoke while fueling
- Remove and throw away any
debris on the lawn that could become a projectile if picked
up by the mower.
- Do not push a running mower
over gravel, stones, or hard objects such as pipes, rocks, or
- Keep hands and feet clear
of the blade housing and the discharge chute.
- Point the discharge chute
away from people, pets, buildings, windows, and glass doors.
- Turn the mower off if you leave it for even a moment.