- Never splice or patch electrical
cords. Cords should be replaced or shorten by qualified electricians.
- When you disconnect electrical equipment, pull the plug rather
than the cord.
- Keep extension cords off the floor as much as possible. If it
is absolutely necessary to put such cords on the floor, use
approved temporary floor covers to prevent tripping
on or damage to the cord.
- Remove frayed or damaged electrical cords immediately.
- If portable electrical tools are not double-insulated and labeled
as such, make sure they are equipped with a 3-wire plug. You
may not cut off the ground connection.
- If the ground prong has
been removed, do not use the equipment or tool until the plug
has been replaced.