- Check over the machine carefully
for loose, broken, or damaged parts. Have any repairs made by an authorized person
- Wear tight-fitting, sturdy
clothing to avoid having it sucked into the machine. Avoid clothing
with chains or straps.
- Always wear proper personal
protective equipment. Protect your eyes from dust and flying
objects with a facemask, screen or safety goggles. If you choose
to wear a respirator, see the "Respirators"
Code of Safe Practices.
- Avoid areas occupied with
- Always start and run the
unit in an upright position.
- Do not start or run the
engine inside a closed building.
- Always direct the discharge
of debris away from people, glass, and solid objects that could
cause material to ricochet.
- Do not use the blower from
ladders, trees, rooftops, or other unstable surfaces.
- Store gasoline only in approved
containers, never plastic jugs or glass bottles.