- Keep your bicycle in good mechanical condition (tires, chain, brakes).
- Obey all traffic rules and signs - always give proper hand signals.
- Walk your bike across busy intersections.
- Always ride with the traffic as close as possible to the right
side of the road.
- Be sure a roadway is clear before entering.
- Always ride single file and watch for opening car doors.
- Beware of production vehicles and silent electric carts.
- Bicycles are built to carry one person ONLY.
- Yield right of way to pedestrians.
- Never carry heavy loads or long items which reduce your maneuverability
on your bicycle.
- When carrying a small load, it is the rider's responsibility to be sure the load is stable and will not fall off the bicycle while it is moving. Loads will be balanced, braced and secured to prevent tipping and falling.
- Riders should not attempt to tow other materials alongside or behind a bicycle (for example, with a rope, chain or by hand).
- Riders are not allowed to "hitch rides" alongside other moving
vehicles, such as golf carts, forklifts, etc.