- Do not use scaffolds that
do not have proper guards rails, mid rails and toe boards (as
- Do not overload scaffolds.
Follow manufacturer's safe working load recommendations.
- Do not climb cross braces.
Use only approved access ladders or steps and use both hands
- Do not stand on guardrails,
ladders or makeshift devices on top of scaffolds to gain greater
- Never use scaffolds where
contact can be made with live electrical circuits or power lines.
Always maintain safe clearance (minimum of 10 ft.) from
any electrical source.
- Never apply shock loads
to the scaffold platform. (Never jump down onto the platform.)
- Do not remove top or mid
rails or toeboards.
- Do not leave trash or debris
- Prior to working below the
scaffolds, make sure overhead protection (i.e. toeboards) are
- Wear your hardhat when exposed
to overhead hazards.